You’re in Good Hands
Since 1989, SAFCA has been doing the important work of keeping the region's residents safe from catastrophic flooding. Because Sacramento is situated in one of the most flood-prone regions in the nation, our projects and leadership are critical to minimizing the impacts of flooding on human life and the environment.
Our Board of Directors
The region's elected officials support SAFCA's flood protection mission.
- Angelique Ashby Sacramento City Council District 1
- Jeff Harris Vice Chair
- Rick Jennings Sacramento City Council District 7
- Brian Holloway American River Flood Control District
- Cyril Shah American River Flood Control District
- Debra Jones Reclamation District NO. 1000
- Phil Serna Sacramento county, District 1 Board of Supervisors
- Patrick Kennedy - Chair Sacramento County, District 2
- Rich Desmond Sacramento County, District 3 Board of Supervisors
- Don Nottoli Sacramento County, District 5 Board of Supervisors
- Mat Conant Sutter County Board of Supervisors
Beyond our engineering projects, we collaborate with entities around the region to mitigate flood control risk and enhance natural resources.Programs