Magpie Creek Diversion Channel

Project History

The Magpie Creek Diversion Channel (MCDC) was originally constructed in 1955 and 1956 by the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and the State of California as a flood control channel. The purpose of the USACE project was to provide flood control to the local area by diverting flows away from the lower portion of Magpie Creek in to this constructed channel that was dominated by non-native vegetation with low habitat value. During 2002, it was observed that the steep slope of the levee along the south side of the MCDC was eroding. In an effort to improve the habitat quality and stabilize the upper portion of the left bank, SAFCA proposed this enhancement project.

Environmental Documents
:   
404 Permit - Biological Opinion

Annual Reports:    2007/2008 - 20092010